PET ADOPTION CONTRACT
Adopter's Name______________________________________________________ Date_________________________
Adopter's Address______________________________________ City_________________ State______ Zip_________
E-mail Address________________________________________ Telephone _____________(H)________________(W)
Pet's Name______________________________ Male Female Spayed/Neutered Age________________
Hair Color________________________________ Hair is short medium long straight curly
Breed Most Closely Related to________________________________________________________________________
Distinguishing Characteristics ________________________________________________________________________
Adoptee's Name _______________________________________ Telephone ______________(H)______________(W)
Adoptee's Address___________________________________ City___________________State_______Zip__________
AS THE ADOPTING PARTY, I AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING PROVISIONS:
* If the pet is not already altered, I agree to have the pet altered by________________________________.
* I agree to keep an identification tag attached to a properly fitted collar that will remain on the adopted animal at all times, whether inside or outside of the house, and to obtain all of the necessary city licenses required by local authorities.
* I agree to provide the adopted pet with necessary inoculations at the intervals advised by my veterinarian and other medical care as needed.
* I agree to have the adopted pet under my control when it is not on the confines of my property. A secured fence area will be provided for dogs, including shelter from the elements. If the adopted pet is a cat, I agree to keep the cat as an indoor only pet. The adopted pet will not be tied or chained.
* If for any reason I cannot keep this pet, I agree to notify the adoptee (name and address above) of the availability of the pet and to return the adopted pet upon request.
* I agree not to abuse or neglect the adopted pet and I authorize the adoptee, at his/her sole discretion, to determine whether or not the pet has been abused or neglected.
* I understand that any failure to perform the foregoing agreement will constitute a breach of contract. In the event of any such breach of contract, I authorize the Adoptee to reclaim both possession and ownership of the adopted pet.
* I understand that the pet covered by the adoption papers is as far as can be determined by the adoptee to be in good health and that the adoptee is not responsible for any medical fees incurred after the adoption date. However, if a health problem develops during the first 10 days, I should notify the adoptee to discuss the matter.
* I agree to give the adoptee visitation rights to ensure that the terms of this adoption agreement are being observed.
P.O. Box 5354
Columbia, SC 29250
The Animal Protection League of SC (APL) is a local non-profit humane organization founded in 1982 by concerned individuals who love and respect animals. Our goal is to provide a safe haven for the community’s abused and abandoned dogs and cats and place them in permanent loving homes.
If you would like to support APL's mission with a financial contribution, please click the Donation button and a secure PayPal screen will open in a new browser window. You do not need a PayPal account, and your donation to the APL is tax deductable. Thank you!
APL is registered with the South Carolina Secretary of State as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity.
All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.